2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR
4 thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 16 oz. box of tri-color Rotini (also substitute with whole wheat pasta, Penne, Rigatoni or Orzo)
1 bunch of fresh broccoli, chopped
3 lemons or
4 tbsp. lemon juice
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 tbsp kosher salt
½ tbsp black pepper
½ tspn garlic paste or 2 tsp. garlic powder
½ bunch of flat leaf parsely (optional), finely chopped
1. Slice large chicken breasts in half, in thickness. Leave thin-sliced chicken as it is.
2. Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag or container and season the chicken with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic and lemon juice. For best results, let the season the chicken the day before and let sit in the refrigerator overnight. Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil a large skillet on medium heat, stovetop grill (or counter-top grill) and cook chicken. Make sure to not let the chicken overlap. Brown each side (5-7 min). Remove chicken from pan once it’s cooked and let it sit on a plate and cool down.
3. Boil pasta in salted water until al dente (still slightly firm in texture). Drain and let cool.
4. Boil broccoli in heavily salted water for 4 minutes (until bright green). Soak the broccoli in cold water or ice water immediately after to maintain crispiness.
5. Place all ingredients in to a large bowl. Squeeze juice from the lemons over all ingredients. Season with remaining olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper. Toss all ingredients together with a cooking spoon, until completely mixed. Add additional salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.